Friday, November 27, 2009

Real Talk

     While I am reluctant to admit this in public, I love a good pick up line.  The reality is that I appreciate the effort that a brother is trying to make.  It shows some thought and possibly even some creativity.  It may make no difference in the end, but it's a good icebreaker.  Since it's real talk I also need to be honest and say that a line that is too good will lead me to wonder whether or not he's just about game.  It's interesting though.  I am a devout disliker of "running game" as are most  sistas in the dating pool.  I think that I'm just too old for the foolishness. 

     My friends will point out that much in the same way women fall for good looking men, I love love love smart guys.  Book smart, life smart and on occasion street smart,  that's my crowd.  While I admit that I have a personal preference, I don't necessarily use it to rule people out.  Some people will say they ONLY like thin men, tall men, still others like muscular men.  I'm not an ONLY type of girl, but I like what I like. 

     So, let me hear your best effort.  Talk to me about great poets, sentence syntax, NETCOOL protocols, and even make your case for who is the best rapper Biggie, Jay-Z, Tupac or Nas, it's all good.  Be good to each other, yourselves and total strangers.  Get it done.



No comments:

Post a Comment