Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When The Go-To Chick Becomes the Chick That's Got To Go...

...the journey can be tough.  So, that would be a fairly accurate of the space I'm in now.  I will only say that it's life between a rock and a very hard place.  As my assignment draws to a close, I had one of the most anti-climactic experiences ever.  I am being reassigned to...drumroll...right where I am at.   Initially, I counted the Gods as cruel or at least humorous.  For my Department's part--let's just that they are less than pleased.

     I love my work.  At one point, I loved my Department and my colleagues.  Now, after advocating for myself, the powers-that-want-to-be are angry.  Clash-of-the-Titans-Zeus-fighting-Hera-while-riding-the-three-headed-dog pissed the hell off.  As is human nature, no one is going to be that pissed and keep it to themselves.  So I'm the object of non-affection.  I had a jawdropping experience with this today.  I get asked a question, I give an answer and boss guy picks up the phone to call for, well I don't know what for, but he called.

    So let the abuse, the abuse of power and the madness begin.  This is going to be one of those tough storms that professionals go or suffer through.  The reality is that I am going to chose the go through as opposed to the suffer through.  So now I'm the object of unaffection.  I am blessed and will stay that way.  I will put my umbrella up and my boots on and keep it moving.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment